Vitamins and Other Nutrients During Pregnancy
Important Points the Keep in Mind During your Pregnancy
- During pregnancy your baby receives all of their nutrients through you.
- Prenatal Vitamins and healthy foods can ensure your baby is receiving all the nutrients they need
- Folic Acid, Iron, and Calcium are some of the most important supplements your baby needs to make sure they are developing optimally.
- Your body is producing more and different hormones that ever before, it’s important to know why movements and exercises you should and should not be doing during pregnancy.
- Consult your Physician before starting any supplement regimen.
Important Nutrients During Pregnancy and where to find them
- Folic Acid: Green Leafy Vegetable like spinach and broccoli
- Iron: Green Leafy Vegetables, Lean Meats, Beans, and Dried Fruits
- Calcium: Dairy, Broccoli, Kale
- Vitamin D: The Sun! Getting outside and going for walks the best way to ensure you are getting enough Vitamin D. Walking is a great, simple exercise that will ensure proper pelvic movement and development of the pelvic floor muscles Additional Exercises will be covered in an upcoming blog.
- DHA- Omega 3 Fatty Acid: It is my opinion that the best way to ensure you are getting Omega 3 fatty acid is through supplementation. Another great source is through fish, but with the controversy of fish intake throughout pregnancy I say play it safe and use OTC supplementation
- Iodine: Dairy and Iodized Salt
While most prenatal vitamins contain the ideal amount of each of these supplements, it is important to try and get the proper amounts through healthy eating and natural foods.
For additional information on any of the above, or if you have any questions about proper supplementation throughout your pregnancy contact Dr. Sean at email@example.com